Our Touring Concept
The Great British Journeys small-group touring concept was devised to provide immersive and enjoyable cultural tours for discerning overseas visitors to the UK.
Small Group Touring
We believe that Britain is best experienced on one of our small-group tours; Britain’s beautiful winding country-roads, our rolling landscapes, our historic visitor attractions and our traditional hotels all lend themselves perfectly to small-group touring. On a Great British Journey you’ll travel in the comfort of an agile mini-coach and in the company of an intimate touring group of no more than 16 passengers.
With the Great British Journeys brand of small-group touring, we endeavor to provide the best of all worlds; our valued guests not only get off the beaten tourist track and stay in characterful overnight lodgings but also benefit from the peace of mind and knowledge to be gained from travelling with an experienced tour leader. We’ll take care of all the navigation and travel logistics and mitigate the limitations faced by more traditional, larger motor-coach tours.
Developed by our local team based here in the UK, our itineraries have been finely tuned to offer a balance of priorities; we’ll not only take you to many of the iconic sites of Britain but also ensure that we go beyond the tourist façade to discover the country’s hidden gems. You’ll benefit from a comprehensive sightseeing programme whilst also enjoying plenty of free-time to explore independently or relax in your surroundings.
Authentic Touring Experiences
In our promise to provide an immersive journey through Britain, our tours offer friendly, local tour leaders, a selection of authentic cultural experiences and plenty of opportunity to meet the locals. We’ll also ensure that we stay in characterful overnight accommodations where the service and hospitality are reflective of your destination.
Our Touring Credentials
Ultimately, we use our credentials to ensure that all of our Great British Journeys are developed with your visitor experience in mind:
- As locals here in the UK, we are familiar not only with the renowned, iconic attractions but also with the lesser-known gems that provide equally rewarding visits – we’ll ensure you see both.
- As accomplished travel organisers, we have finely balanced our itineraries between organised sightseeing and plenty of free-time for independent exploration or relaxation.
- As seasoned explorers we know you want to not only see the UK, but to understand the essence of our country – you’ll therefore enjoy a selection of authentic local experiences.
- As experienced travellers we understand that your comfort is essential; we tour in comfortable, spacious, high-spec mini-coaches with all the features expected by the modern traveller.
- As interested individuals we know that personable tour-leaders are essential; our drivers won’t bore you with dates and details but will share their local insights, anecdotes and knowledge.
- As discerning visitors we understand that your overnight lodging is a fundamental part of your British travel experience; we therefore hand-pick characterful, British accommodation.
We invite you to Britain and to explore England, Scotland and Wales and join us on one of our Great British Journeys!